Careers in Strategy and Transactions
Reimagine business ecosystems, reshape portfolios and help clients reinvent themselves for a better future. You’ll drive growth and value as a Connected Capital Advisor.
Join the conversation
An exceptional career in Strategy and Transactions. It’s yours to build.
As part of Strategy and Transactions, you’ll enable our clients to navigate complexity by reimagining their eco-systems, reshaping their portfolios and reinventing themselves for a better future.
You'll take advantage of our global connectivity and scale while reimagining business ecosystems. You'll work in diverse, globally integrated teams; build your professional network; and use the latest technology while driving corporate strategy, capital allocation and transaction advisory through execution. Moreover, you’ll drive both economic and social value to help deliver purpose-driven business and help clients to make better decisions and, in turn, build a better future. You won’t just see the impact; you’ll feel it too
What we do
With global connectivity and scale, our teams drive corporate strategy, capital allocation and transaction advisory through execution to enable fast-track value creation. Our professionals support the flow of capital across borders and help bring new products and innovation to market. In doing so, we enable our clients to build a better working world by fostering long-term value.
We activate this through our Connected Capital Solutions:
Strategy is the starting point for any growth opportunity. You’ll help our clients develop sustainable competitive advantage to reach their full potential. Through market research, economic modeling and financial analysis, you’ll challenge status quo assumptions and assist clients with their strategic growth plans – advising on current and customer trends, identifying new market opportunities, and uncovering unforeseen risks.
Reshaping results is about helping clients rapidly solve business challenges in urgent, critical and complex situations to create, preserve or recover value. You will be working with clients to provide deep strategic, financial, operational, tax, turnaround and restructuring advice to help them address underperformance, redefine their business, refinance their operations, improve liquidity and working capital, and develop contingency plans.
Corporate finance is advising our clients on how to fund growth and improve how they use their capital and shareholder returns. You’ll conduct strategic financial and economic analysis, use analytics to develop business models, and provide financing structures and recommendations. From raising capital to funding large infrastructure projects, to providing advice on investment and tax strategies, you’ll help clients to make better quality decisions.
Buy and integrate is advising on the right asset, at the right price and at the right time. First, to evaluate the strategic fit of a potential acquisition, you’ll perform due diligence across commercial, financial, operations, property, IT and tax. Then you’re on the ground, supporting the seamless integration of the newly acquired business, helping clients to reduce risk and realize the full value of the acquisition.
Sell and separate is working with corporations undertaking complex divestitures, and also private equity funds selling portfolio companies. While working with clients, you will execute all aspects of the seller life cycle, including strategy, separation and stabilization upon closing a deal. You’ll work closely with management, including crafting the value story and deal model, marketing to buyers, optimizing tax attributes to buyer and seller, preparing carve-out financials and developing an operational separation plan.
Our Transactions and Corporate Finance professionals play a key role in driving further growth and innovation within our business through four competencies:
- Within Lead Advisory, our Capital Advisors and Infrastructure Consultants provide tactical and strategic advice for corporations, financial sponsors and family businesses, including negotiation assistance and consultation on other transaction related topics.
- Our Transaction diligence professionals help clients with their commercial and strategic priorities, assess financial risk, operations, synergies and regulatory advice.
- As part of Valuation, modeling and economics, you'll support our clients with better decision-making involving transactions, funding capital expansion and optimizing capital efficiency.
- Our M&A analytics professionals help our clients unlock big data insights to drive transaction and capital strategy decisions at speed and scale.
As part of EY-Parthenon, you’ll lead from the front, unlocking the full potential of strategy, transactions and restructuring, paving the way for major transformation programs and driving measurable impact for our clients. EY-Parthenon houses three strategic competencies:
- Corporate and growth strategy: Help clients develop and convert their strategic vision of attaining their full potential into actionable plans that EY can help them execute across transactions, reshaping and transformation.
- Transaction strategy: Assist clients to integrate acquired assets and businesses, providing strategic transaction advice and supporting execution to help clients attain the value proposition that was part of their strategic decision-making process.
- Restructuring and turnaround strategy: Help clients create, preserve and recover value wherever they are on the performance curve.
Are you interested in a world-class strategy consulting career? Learn more about EY-Parthenon careers and the roles we have to offer.
Help financial sponsors, private capital enterprises and multinational corporations proactively address challenges by bringing globally connected services to all tax aspects of their business and investment models, corporate structure, treasury management and overall tax and transaction strategy. This joint venture between our Strategy and Transactions and Tax service lines brings together three globally connected services:
- International Tax Planning: Our international tax professionals provide leading-edge tax consultancy services for many of the world’s largest multinational companies. Our team works to deliver tangible benefits to our clients, thereby contributing to their competitive advantage.
- Transaction Tax: Every transaction has tax implications, whether it’s an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. Our transaction tax professionals serve corporate and private capital markets clients in third-party transactions in tax diligence, general transaction advisory and overall transaction project management. Our integrated global approach means we deliver coordinated advice helping clients make informed decisions and navigate the tax implications of their transactions aligning with the long-term strategy.
- Transfer Pricing: help our clients with complex intercompany transaction issues and work with them to build pragmatic, integrated strategies that address the tax risks of today’s businesses and help businesses achieve their potential.
Our latest thinking
Explore our case studies
Leading the way in digital innovation
We help clients work through what their organization is today and what it could be tomorrow by embracing a technology-enabled strategic mindset. By joining Strategy and Transactions, you can build their credentials in the latest digital trends impacting businesses, use technology to help clients make better strategic decisions and learn how to help clients work through what their organization is today, and what it needs to be tomorrow, through four key areas:
- Strategy and ecosystem: Help clients identify new partners and M&A targets to support their digital growth.
- Capital and portfolio review: Advise clients on how to get their capital allocation balance right by continuously reviewing their business portfolio so they’re making the right investments and divestments.
- Deal process: Deploy a deep analysis of new types of diligence when evaluating a target. This might include undertaking cyber diligence or applying intellectual property analysis.
- Integration: Work with companies to target multiple digital assets simultaneously and guide their integration to help deliver maximum value quickly.