EY TaxChat is an on-demand, mobile tax preparation app that connects eligible US filers with Ernst & Young LLP professionals.
What EY can do for you
Research has shown that financial stress—including the annual stress caused by tax preparation and filing — can be detrimental to productivity. But you can combat this and help your employees with this cumbersome personal task using EY TaxChat. It’s designed to help you better serve your employees, regardless of your company’s size, and help them gain a better grip on this unavoidable task.
EY TaxChat – tax preparation for today’s digital world
Is EY TaxChat right for your team?
EY TaxChat is an ideal service for employees who value:
- Versatility: Life changes — such as moving, getting married, having a child, owning rental property or filing taxes in multiple states – mean changes to your taxes. EY TaxChat is ideal for employees whose returns are complex or those who have outgrown typical the do-it-yourself filing options.
- Simplicity: The process to use EY TaxChat couldn’t be any simpler. Users answer a few questions, upload their tax documents through the app or their personal computer, view the completed return and authorize the filing. A designated, licensed, Ernst & Young LLP tax professional takes care of the rest.
EY TaxChat – how does it work?
A short demo shows how eligible participants can use the EY TaxChat app.
- Convenience: EY TaxChat can be accessed anytime, anywhere through the EY TaxChat app or by going online.
- Insight: EY TaxChat helps take the guesswork out of filing taxes. If your employees have any questions along the way, they can chat with our knowledgeable tax professional assigned to prepare their return.
- Value: EY TaxChat is priced competitively and delivers convenience and service at a reasonable cost. With more than 100 years of experience in tax preparation, we can help your employees file their personal taxes with minimal effort and maximum confidence.
Providing EY TaxChat to your employees
Employers are afforded three ways to offer EY TaxChat to their employees:
- Sponsored offering, where the employer pays 100% of the EY TaxChat costs for enrolled employees.
- Subsidized offering, where the cost is split between the employer and its enrolled employees.
- Championed offering, where the employer makes EY TaxChat available, but provides no subsidies.
Regardless of the pricing structure you select, your employees’ personal returns are completed at a cost that is competitive with other do-it-yourself services, with the added benefit of access to one of our dedicated, licensed tax professionals.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.