Emerging Manager Platform
To better address the needs of emerging hedge funds, we have an established global platform that is focused on providing integrated one-stop approaches to funds during the startup phase.
Focus on startups
Launching a new fund is a complex and extremely competitive business enterprise. You may encounter many unfamiliar challenges — raising capital, recruiting and retaining highly skilled people, managing risk, complying with changing regulations, and accessing global markets.
This is where we can make a difference. Our Global Emerging Manager Platform team will work with you to quickly navigate the complexities of legislation and regulation, align your tax strategy to your business goals, provide assurance regarding the numbers and deliver a range of advisory services tailored to address your startup needs.
As a global leader in the asset management industry, we have extensive experience in assisting new fund launches. We appreciate the needs, nuances and challenges startups face.
We can help by providing:
- Early industry, regulatory and technical insights focused on startup needs
- A range of advisory services beyond audit and tax, such as fund formation and structuring, including evaluations of and recommendations for attorneys, prime brokers, fund administrators ,and other industry service providers; and fund document review and regulatory registration, including offshore jurisdiction
- Direct access to one of the world’s largest global asset management networks and introduction to brokers
- Experienced tax professionals who can assist with the preparation of tax returns and K-1s for funds, management companies, general partners and principals; provide innovative tax planning and structuring of entities; and assist with partner tax allocations and uncertain tax (ASC 740) analysis
- A commitment to invest in long-term relationships through personalized service, customized business approaches, and fair and flexible fees
- Integrated private client services designed to specifically address your financial needs and concerns
Who we are
We have been a leader in serving the hedge fund sector for over 30 years. Our emphasis on industry knowledge, innovative solutions and quality is a major factor in the growth of our hedge fund practices. We have assisted many leading hedge funds through every phase of business — from starting up to obtaining listings on exchanges and going public. We offer a wide range of services designed to provide support to organizations in the startup phase. In fact, our practices were founded on startups. Our services for startups include:
- Domestic and global tax compliance
- Tax advisory and structuring, domestic and foreign
- Selection of domiciles, considering tax, regulatory and infrastructure implications
- Regulatory compliance
- Risk management
- Process improvement
- Technology optimization
- Tax impact to founders
- State and local tax planning
- Private client services
Many of our clients that began as startups are among the largest funds today. As these organizations mature, we continue to support their evolving requirements through our extensive portfolio of audit, tax, advisory and transaction services. Our global hedge fund practices are among the largest of any Big Four firm and are led by highly skilled professionals who are intimately familiar with the demands of developing and maintaining a successful fund business.
Teams are located in key financial centers throughout the world to serve clients wherever they need assistance. Clients benefit from the collective skills and know-how of this interconnected, worldwide network. Because we operate in more than 60 cities worldwide, we bring firsthand insight on local market trends and accounting, tax and regulatory issues.
Why we’re different
We have been serving the hedge fund industry for over 30 years.
We have a large alternatives practice, with a large global footprint.
We have a globally integrated practice.
We onboard many hedge fund launches globally, some of which are the largest in the industry, making us the leading accounting and tax provider for emerging managers.