Our veterans have earned our support and commitment as they return from service and begin the transition back into civilian life. Finding employment outside the military is just one of many steps in this journey.
At EY, we’re dedicated to leveraging and promoting the valuable skills and experiences veterans bring to the table. And we’re honored to support them. Veterans make great employees — their military experience provides them with the leadership skills, conﬁdence and teaming abilities that can be gained few other places.
Every day our veterans play a vital role in our organization. Helping us innovate and deliver exceptional service to our clients is only one of the ways they make a profound difference. We invite you to learn more about how we work with veterans both inside and out of our organization, and how they are helping us build a better working world.
The cornerstone of our efforts is our Veterans Network, a professional resource network created by our veterans to help them connect and support one another within our organization. Its mission is “To serve as a network of military Veterans with a strong professional ethos, seeking to achieve both professional and business growth while demonstrating EY core values.”
During the past several years, our Veterans Network has grown substantially — from a local community to a national group in the US with representation throughout our service lines and regions.
With executive sponsorship at the highest levels, our Veterans Network is able to:
- Spread the word about the value of veterans in the workplace. Members attend networking events, career fairs and panel discussions speciﬁcally directed toward veterans. This helps our veterans connect with one another, our clients and the larger veteran community.
- Plan events and initiatives important to veterans. Members plan communications, community projects, networking functions and professional development initiatives. Many of these projects help bring our veterans together who are in different service lines or different geographies.
- Support a veteran peer mentoring program. This program matches new veterans to a peer mentor to help with transitioning into their role. Peer mentors help with career guidance, professional development opportunities, networking and getting acquainted with the local area.
- Leverage our internal network to aid and help improve our local veteran’s community by getting involved in targeted organizations and participating in local events.
The Veterans Network is open to employees of EY firms, regardless of veteran status, and includes many spouses and children of veterans.
As an organization, we focus on assisting veterans in our local communities and across the country through sponsorship of a variety of veterans-related activities and causes. Many of our people also regularly volunteer their time with local and national organizations dedicated to the concerns of veterans.
Our Ernst & Young LLP veterans serve organizations including:
- USO: Focuses on lifting the spirits of US troops and their families through morale and welfare activities.
- VOWS (Veterans on Wall Street): Focuses on recognition and support for our country’s service members to include enforcement of the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Act (USERRA).
- Wounded Warrior Project: Helps empower injured veterans and their families. EY is proud to be a sponsor of the WWP and pledges to continue support through 2019.
- The United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA): Offers interview preparation sessions for disabled veterans to support them as they transition to civilian employment.
- Patriot Military Family Foundation: Honors our veterans for their service by supporting service-disabled veterans.
- Patriots Path: Offers career coaching and a job search training program to support the unique needs of military personnel in their transition to civilian careers.
- Veterans Path Up: Helps to provide affordable housing to veterans and veteran families through the use of shared living, single family residences and, ultimately, a path to home ownership.
- Code of Support Foundation: Non-profit organization bridges the gap between a veteran (and family) with other non-profit organizations.
Our support of veterans and their families doesn’t stop at our ofﬁce doors — we want to help veterans across the country ﬁnd employment and succeed in the corporate world. That’s why we participate in several think tanks and work with thought leaders focused on identifying and solving veteran employment issues. At Ernst & Young LLP, we encourage the recruiting and hiring of veterans both inside and outside the ﬁrm.
Veteran Jobs Mission
In March 2012, the US firm made a commitment to hire veterans as a part of the Veteran Jobs Mission, a coalition comprised of leading corporations committed to hiring 100,000 transitioning service members and military veterans by 2020. The Veteran Jobs Mission coalition has collectively hired more than 400,000 Veterans since it began and recently increased the coalition's goal to hiring 1,000,000 Veterans.
EY US is also proud to participate in these initiatives that support military spouses:
- Department of Defense Military Spouse Employment Partnership
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation’s HIRING 100K MILITARY SPOUSES
To further our connections with veterans, we build alliances with professional organizations such as Veterans on Wall Street. We also help our veteran professionals connect and network outside EY by encouraging them to participate in corporate mentorship groups such as American Corporate Partners, which provides opportunities for career counseling and networking. Other groups that we support include:
- Institute for Veterans and Military Families
- Annual Student Veterans Conference
- POSSE Veterans Career Workshop
- Hiring Our Heroes Resume and Interview Preparation Workshop
- Veterans Affairs Interview Preparation Workshop
Learn about experienced job opportunities coast to coast: search our career database by position, location or keyword. Or browse all available openings. Create your profile and then apply online using our step-by-step application form.