Entrepreneur Of The Year celebrates ambitious entrepreneurs who are building a better world
Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) is pleased to announce the winners of the Entrepreneur Of The Year® New York Award. Entrepreneur Of The Year is one of the preeminent competitive business awards for entrepreneurs and leaders of high-growth companies. This group of ambitious entrepreneurial leaders was selected by an independent judging panel made up of previous award winners, leading CEOs, investors and other regional business leaders. New York award winners were unveiled during a special celebration on June 13, 2023 to honor and celebrate these business leaders who are building a more equitable, sustainable and prosperous world for all.
The candidates were evaluated based on their demonstration of building long-term value through entrepreneurial spirit, purpose, growth and impact, among other core contributions and attributes.
Entrepreneur Of The Year Award winners become lifetime members of a global, multi-industry community of entrepreneurs, with exclusive, ongoing access to the experience, insight and wisdom of program alumni and other ecosystem members in over 60 countries — all supported by vast EY resources. Since 1986, the Entrepreneur Of The Year program has recognized more than 11,000 US executives.
“Every year, we are completely blown away by the accomplishments of our Entrepreneur Of The Year Regional Award winners, and 2023 is no different,” said AJ Jordan, EY Americas Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Director. “They are change-makers and champions of business and community, and we are so proud to be honoring them. We can’t wait to see how these leaders will continue to improve lives and disrupt industries.”
The regional winners will next be considered by the National judges for the Entrepreneur Of The Year National Awards, which will be presented in November at the annual Strategic Growth Forum®, one of the nation’s most prestigious gatherings of high-growth, market-leading companies. The Entrepreneur Of The Year National Overall Award winner will then move on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year® Award in June 2024.
The winners of the Entrepreneur Of The Year 2023 New York Award are:
Jack Kokko | AlphaSense | New York, New York
- AlphaSense is a market intelligence and search platform used by the world's leading companies and financial institutions.
Sarah Paiji Yoo | Blueland | New York, New York
- Blueland is reimagining conventional cleaning and personal care products to eliminate single-use plastic and make it easy for people to make sustainable choices with tablet-based refillable products designed to be mixed with household water.
AJ Loiacono | Capital Rx | New York, New York
- Capital Rx is built around the mission of changing the way prescription drugs are priced, and patients are serviced. Capital Rx's enterprise pharmacy platform, JUDI®, connects every aspect of the pharmacy ecosystem in one platform.
Brian Stafford | Diligent | New York, New York
- Diligent is the global leader in modern governance, providing SaaS solutions across governance, risk, compliance, audit and ESG.
Samir Goel and Wemimo Abbey | Esusu | New York, New York
- Esusu is the leading financial technology platform leveraging data solutions like rent reporting and zero-interest rent relief to build credit, improve financial health, empower residents and property owners while working to bridge the racial wealth gap.
Danielle Cohen-Shohet | GlossGenius, Inc. | New York, New York
- GlossGenius is one of the leading vertical software payments companies helping small businesses across the US beauty & wellness space succeed.
Ben McKean | Hungryroot | New York, New York
- Hungryroot is the only grocery and recipe delivery service designed to make healthy eating easy, personal, and sustainable.
Dan Porter | Overtime | Brooklyn, New York
- Overtime builds disruptive sports IP
Brian Kempisty | Port X Logistics | Buffalo, New York
- Port X Logistics specializes in expediting containerized cargo throughout the US and Canada providing drayage, transloading, and trucking services.
Rodger Desai | Prove | New York, New York
- Prove is the modern way of proving identity. Trusted by 1,000+ leading companies to reduce fraud and improve consumer experiences, Prove is the world’s most accurate identity verification and authentication platform.
Josh Meyerowitz | SupplyHouse | Melville, New York
- Supplyhouse is an ecommerce business that sells plumbing, HVAC, and electrical products.
Jonathan Regev | The Farmer's Dog | New York, New York
- The Farmer’s Dog is a direct-to-consumer fresh pet-food company. We make fresh, human-grade dog food, pre-portioned for the needs of each dog, and delivered right to customers’ doors.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards include presenting sponsors PNC Bank, N.A.; SAP America; and the Kauffman Foundation. In New York, sponsors also include regional Platinum sponsors, Cresa, Donnelley Financial Services (DFIN), and Marsh; regional Gold sponsor, Empire Valuation Consultants, and regional Silver sponsors, ADP, DLA Piper, and Morgan Lewis.
About Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. National Overall Award winners go on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year® title. Visit ey.com/us/eoy.
About EY Private
As Advisors to the ambitious™, EY Private professionals possess the experience and passion to support private businesses and their owners in unlocking the full potential of their ambitions. EY Private teams offer distinct insights born from the long EY history of working with business owners and entrepreneurs. These teams support the full spectrum of private enterprises including private capital managers and investors and the portfolio businesses they fund, business owners, family businesses, family offices and entrepreneurs. Visit ey.com/us/private.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.