Restructuring: The Bahamas, Bermuda, BVI and Cayman Islands
EY SaT professionals provide leadership in difficult and complex situations to solve, execute and transform outcomes. Decisive leadership, data-based responsiveness and the ability to reshape quickly are key to create, preserve and improve value.
What EY can do for you
The services outlined below are some of the tools that reshape any business across industries with agility and build resilience. These can range from helping clients find financial, strategic and operational approaches to restructure and improve businesses, to major restructuring and insolvency processes.
- Provisional liquidation and light-touch restructuring: A mechanism to confirm stabilization and protection against asset dissipation when time-critical issues arise; typically used to prepare a restructuring plan through a scheme.
- Chief restructuring officer (CRO) and directorships: An experienced restructuring partner who is appointed to the entity’s board with a view of providing trusted leadership to drive holistic transformation in urgent, critical and complex situations or to take control of an entity where an insolvency process would be inappropriate or premature.
- Managed resolution services: A managed process whereby a single or multiple entities in a group structure are wound down by method of voluntary liquidation:
- Simplifying corporate structures
- Soft wind-downs (funds)
- Simplifying corporate structures
- Receiverships: Extensive experience dealing with distressed entities and asset recoveries; managed high-profile situations globally in order to increase recoveries for creditors and secured creditors.
- Official liquidation: A formal court-driven process that is employed when an entity is insolvent or a significant dispute has risen whereby a statutory process is applied to protect assets and increase value.
- Applied to protect assets and increase value Valuations, Modeling and Economics (VME): Our valuations team, based in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, offers a range of services, including but not limited to:
- Transaction valuation services and decision analytics
- Financial reporting valuations (alternative funds, (re)insurance portfolios, business combinations)
- Litigation, arbitration and other disputes, including Section 238 of the Cayman Companies Law
- Fairness opinions
- Strategic alternative analysis
- Other agreed-upon procedures: Extremely flexible roles that are designed and implemented to address the needs and concerns of the stakeholder, which include, among others:
- Fraud investigation and dispute services
- Asset tracing services
- Business and strategic reviews
- Working capital and short-term cash flow advisory services
- Advice to governments and regulators
- Distressed corporate advisory services
- Creditor advisory services
- Contingency planning and insolvency services
- Private equity value creation
We are connected to more than 3,000 turnaround and restructuring professionals covering over 150 countries to serve the needs of our clients. The EY Region of the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands (BVI) and Cayman Islands leverages the strength and depth of the global EY organization.
Providing trusted leadership in urgent, critical and complex situations to rapidly solve business challenges, sustainably improve results and help you reshape for a better future:
- Make better decisions about managing capital when faced with disruption.
- Assist where (activist) stakeholders demand action and solutions.
- Develop options for a rapid turnaround, rescue, recovery or contingency plan; then find capital to support it and negotiate with stakeholders.
- Rapidly improve financial and operational performance.
- Actively drive solutions where significant restructuring is required.
- Address challenges faced by excessive debt or leverage.
- Protect and increase stakeholder interests in large-scale insolvency situations.