Put M&A strategy center stage
With technological disruption, changing consumer behavior, readily available financing and a post-COVID-19 economic boom, every organization faces the fast-moving challenge to pursue growth and business agility. But you need the right script to maximize enterprise value, one that includes M&A as part of your strategic ensemble.
Diligence sets the scene for creating M&A value:
- Identify the right target, at the right price, that fits your growth strategy and an evolving market
- Determine how finance, tax, operations, technology, cybersecurity, talent and other value drivers may impact forecasts and purchase price
- Quantify potential sources of synergy, especially for hard-to-value companies
- Understand the implications of acquiring assets in other sectors and among startups
Mergers & acquisitions due diligence
Stage directions for integration:
- Develop the integration management office to prioritize and govern integration activities, including operating model development, organization design and synergy identification
- Create a business case for achieving synergies includes the cost of achieving them, the level of effort and timing
- Establish how the business will run when merged, define the target-state operating model and establish critical Day One goals to secure smooth transition
- Align leaders and employees, and design impactful communications, to retain key talent and avoid a culture clash
Mergers and acquisitions integration services
Cast of characters for success:
- EY Embryonic is a powerful, cloud-based platform that brings ecosystems to life by mapping the flow of funds and M&A transactions and visualizing the relationships between traditional and innovative companies. EY Embryonic provides you with fast insights so you can make fact-based decisions on where to invest to transform your business.
- EY Diligence Edge accelerates transaction diligence by providing an outside-in view of a target company and its competitors. It consolidates and analyzes a range of external information, including news, financial data and social media information.
- EY Capital Edge is an agile platform supporting global collaboration in all aspects of the transaction life cycle. With over 30 apps to select, you have access all in one place to the latest and most powerful EY tools and transaction blueprints, as well as real-time analytics, to help break down communication silos, react quickly and drive value realization as you execute your transactions.