IT M&A strategy consulting
EY-Parthenon Deal Technology teams design and deliver merger and acquisition (M&A) IT and digital strategies to improve your enterprise value whether buying, merging, spinning off or divesting a business.
How we work with clients
Our IT M&A strategy consultants advise corporate executives and private equity (PE) investors with their IT strategy, technology/product strategy, cybersecurity strategy and digital growth strategy when they are looking to acquire, merge or divest part of their company or portfolio. For example:
- A PE buying a business or carve-out from another company: What should the IT organization look like once the business is carved out from the seller company? What will be the IT running cost at that point? What investment will be needed to get there?
- A chief information officer: The company has committed to investors that it will create efficiencies that will reduce sales, general and administrative costs by 10%. What levers can we pull in the digital and IT space to meet this synergy improvement target?
- A life sciences client looking to grow market share: How can my prospective acquisition’s cloud and robotic process automation investments support my sales growth goals?
- A chief technology officer: How can we improve the product organization’s efficiency as we buy and integrate a digital target?
What our IT M&A strategy professionals can do for you
Our team excels in defining and supporting IT strategy, technology/product strategy, cybersecurity strategy and digital growth strategy in each phase of the merger and acquisition and divestiture lifecycle. From assisting in the appraisal of acquisition options, to helping prepare a company for acquisition, to implementing synergy and business goals, our team has the skills and experience to support the most complex situations.
Our practice provides insights in cloud, data and analytics, applications, IT infrastructure, cyber, digital products, and technology financial management to help investors and clients make informed transaction decisions.
Transaction support activities include:
- Developing digital and technology strategies
- Helping identify and achieve transaction synergy goals (e.g., investments and cost enhancement)
- Supporting digital, cyber and IT infrastructure diligence
- Implementing IT management, governance and operating models for the portion of a company that is being sold
- Providing digital transaction advisory (e.g., target scanning, vendor and sourcing analysis, integration vs. incubation planning, separation planning and post-deal digital transformation)
- Performing cybersecurity assessments (e.g., identifying technical vulnerabilities, recommending cyber strategies and evaluating the total potential losses due to cyber risks).