State and Local Government Consulting
Agency transformation enabled by technology allows state and local government to create experiences that meet the expectations of residents and employees. Our goal is to help state and local clients achieve their mission of efficiently serving the people. Our human-centric approach helps agencies improve operations and provide results.
What EY can do for you
State and local governments have common challenges such as how to meet the increased expectations of their citizens, residents and employees; how to address inequality and its effects; and how to anticipate the ways in which technology will change our economies and the ability to create jobs.
Our Government & Public Sector consulting team is organized by focus areas and ready to help you navigate complex challenges with an emphasis on future needs and expectations.
In today’s fast-paced world, government agency transformation’s success can be measured in terms of efficiency, people satisfaction and how services are delivered. For state and local government agencies, the goal is not to be the biggest and best, but rather to provide benefits to those they serve and in need.
We believe that governments can succeed by taking three steps:
- Gain more insight to better understand what is needed and expected of government and improve government service delivery to meet these expectations.
- Develop new strategies that enable, a more innovative and agile government and drive long-term improvements in resident and workforce experience
- Implement transformative, modern solutions that will make the government more effective and efficient
From strategy to execution, we enable our clients with the tools and methodologies to implement new and tested ideas to achieve results in key focus areas such as:
- Delivering transformation that is led by people, process and technology
- Improving the health and welfare of residents
- Boosting the performance of our education system to attract employers that offer quality job opportunities
- Protecting our nation and increasing public safety
- Positioning states, counties and cities for infrastructure demands in the short and long run
- Investing in the future by conﬁrming ﬁscally sound principles and budget management