Valuation, modeling and economics
Our experienced valuation professionals bring excellence in accounting, corporate finance, taxation and transaction due diligence, which allows us to provide integrated solutions that help clients make better quality decisions around value.
What EY can do for you
Strategy and Transactions
Our Strategy and Transactions (SaT) practice in the EY region of the Bahamas, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands and Cayman Islands offers a suite of Transactions and Corporate Finance services which includes Valuation Modeling and Economics (VME).
As one of the largest consulting firms in the region, we have the local resources and expertise to meet your needs. In addition, the regional EY member firms are operationally aligned and fully integrated with the EY Americas Financial Services Organization (FSO). This FSO integration enables our local team to bring you the full strength of our global firm whenever necessary.
EY is a recognized leader in the valuation profession. Several of our senior members have held a variety of leadership roles over the years with standard setters (Financial Accounting Standards Board, The Appraisal Foundation, International Valuation Standards Council), regulators (Securities and Exchange Commission) and the major valuation professional organizations (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, American Society of Appraisers and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors), as well as their combined efforts with the Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations designation.
Our regional VME practice
In this environment, justifying the value of assets and liabilities has grown more complex and critical for most businesses. We recognize the need for transparent and robust valuations that satisfy corporate, regulatory, tax and accounting requirements and can withstand scrutiny if challenged.
Whether it’s a valuation of a portfolio of privately held investments, a valuation in a dispute context, or a financial planning or decision support need for an investment decision, we have the resources to help you better quantify, analyze and report value as well as allocate and manage capital.
Tailored solutions to fit every client need
Skills to value financial, tangible and intangible assets, and intellectual property
Diverse client experiences with creative solutions
In addition to our valuation opinion and valuation advisory services, we bring together industry, sector and subject-matter specialists to deliver the following corporate finance-related services:
- Corporate finance strategy – assisting our clients with key business issues through rigorous financial, economic and data analytics
- Capital allocation services – helping our clients develop a capital allocation strategy that is aligned to their overall business objectives
- Economic advisory – assisting our clients with their economic strategy, improving forecast accuracy and helping them better manage their commercial and capital decisions
- Fairness opinion – helping our clients fulfill their fiduciary duties and make better decisions by analyzing the financial aspects of a transaction
- Forecasting and scenario planning – assisting our clients by examining their data, to better analyze potential scenarios and understand the implications on their strategy
- Infrastructure advisory – helping our clients devise and compare financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private sector financing, and/or grants
- Modeling and economics – assisting our clients to either review or build financial models designed to help them make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes
The EY global VME network
With practices located around the world and a network of over 4,100 valuation professionals, the global reach of our integrated practice is ideally suited to perform global, large-scale assignments.